24 oktober 2010

Finished!!!

Today I finished the Kokeshi doll book! I wonder what Melanie will say... Unfortunately, she's at the quilt market in Houston, so she won't see it for a while. I added some details to the design, I hope she won't mind. This is the finished book:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My husband has a new hobby too. He's just a big kid, I love that, but the house is starting to fill up with all kinds of houses, trains, buses, even a beach and a construction site! In today's project, we all wonder who Britney Spears' new man is...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Roos loves it!

Photobucket

I hope I made up for the boring message with no pics that I posted yesterday!!!

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh it is beautiful Maaike!!! I am so sorry that I have not emailed you yet, but there is barely time to breathe!! I adore the book you have made for me and it is SUCH a beautiful and sweet gesture - thank you sooooo much. I will treasure it and sketch many new designs inside :) If it is OK I will respond when I return from Houston with my postal address etc - have to keep working now!! Thanks again and have a great week! Melly

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Dear Melly, I really did not expect a reaction so soon! I know how busy you are and I really didn't want to bother you right now, but I couldn't wait to show it off...!

    Have fun at the market!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. This new man of Britney, could that be Julian in his early days? Or Luulian, as Roos calls him... I just wonder what he's doing with a lawn mower, that's a bit a-typical. And come to think of it, him being the new man of Britney is a bit a-typical as well.

    Anyway, congratulations on a very nice blog, Maaike!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen