7 januari 2011

A new book

Some time ago I added some leather covered notebooks to my Etsy shop. I love those, I am one of those people who like their notebooks to close in a way that the pages can't be damaged. But if you look for such a notebook on Etsy, you'll only find leather. And I think that leather covered notebooks are kind of boring (love 'em too, kind of a love-hate relationship, hehehehe). I prefer fabric covers. I've been thinking for a long time now how to make such a cover. I tried something that didn't come out as nice as I wanted it. So I started to figure out what makes leather such a nice material to work with in that way.

And last night, at 11.35, I finally found the answer and I was really frustrated that I had to wait until today to try it out!!!

I used olive coloured wool felt and 100% cotton fabric for the cover. I made a pocket on the front for business cards and snaps to shut it. I'm not sure I want to put it on Etsy, because I really like it myself. But then again, I really can't keep them all...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 opmerkingen: